Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's all so simple, really.

One shouldn't have to ponder long on the need for a Queen of America.  Less than a week of news surfing via television, Internet, or newspapers should be sufficient for one to shake their head whilst muttering, "aye carumba".  The general busyness of Life, self-proclaimed apathy, rushing to be a millionaire by 30 or 40, or hours spent plugged into the Matrix have contributed to the state we, as a country, find ourselves in.  Add in years of subtle brain-washing through advertising, education, and entertainment.........and pretty soon you've got a country that's in a world of hurt.  That's us.  Now.

What I propose as Queen could be viewed as bold by some...........or old-school by others.  I guess it's all in the branding and I'll have to get some advertising whiz to work on the spin.  But until that happens, my plan continues to unfold. 

One need only be Queen for a year.  I truly think it could be accomplished in less time, BUT did want to allow a few extra weeks to tidy up loose ends and such.  I don't need to reside in a castle for that period of time, either.  Sitting at the kitchen table with a pen and pad of paper (for the writing of proclamations, you know) should be sufficient.  Yes, I even anticipate keeping my day job during this fabulous year of surprises. 

Unlike Rick Perry, I DO know what top 3 government programs I would do away with on Day 1:  energy, education, and commerce.  As a country, we do need energy, education, and commerce.  What we don't need is thousands upon thousands of regulations and regulators.  As Queen, I don't want to have to tell you what to do ~ I want you to be able to figure that out for yourself.  But if what you want is for myself and others to provide for you and generations of your progeny, well.........let's just say you might be in for a rude awakening and leave it at that.  For now.

Day 2 as Queen wouldn't begin until getting home from work.  I would be willing to give up 30 minutes to lay out a new tax form.  Something along the lines of:
                                           I made _________________
                                            7% of that is  (see accompanying chart) ___________
Presto!  Taxes are figured out.  You didn't have to keep boxes of receipts or handfuls of 1099's.  I kind of pulled 7% out of the air.  I don't plan on putting a lot of time into consulting with experts in economics or finance.  Instead, it's time to think outside the box.  I want to apply principles of household accounting to the country.  If we, as a country, "make"  $10, then we are only going to spend $8.  The other $2 is put aside for that rainy day we know is going to come!  And if we see some fancy gadget in the new Sears weapons catalog, we are going to have to save up to get it.  No more get it now and pay for it later

The  thing I'm really excited about is the new national game we can play:  Exile and Heads Shall Roll.  As a current student of History, I'm not always sure of how things used to be (why let a little thing like facts stand in the way?), but I'm pretty sure snake-oil salesmen were run out of town.  Robber barons were caricatured in print as porcine.  These days they are appointed czars and given unlimited regulatory powers.  What?! It's time to take away the golden pen of executive orders and presidential appointments and play Spin The Wheel where the only choices on the wheel are Exile or Head In A Basket.  Perhaps Longaberger could come out with a new line?  Not sure yet who would emcee the weekly show, but I'm leaning towards Ricky Gervais.  It's doubtful this game would have a long run on TV.  Chances are good those who feared being a contestant would flee the country just as soon as they knew the billions they stole were safe in off-shore accounts.

 True, the railroads were laid by slave labor.  Land was cleared and plantations maintained by slave labor.  The rampant and legally ordained pillaging of the financial system will make indentured slaves of all of us.  With one slight twist.  Indentured servants knew their time under Master's rule would end in x amount of years ~ there will be no end of ours.  Thus, we need the ability to wave the royal sceptor and change the direction we are headed.  Jesus died so that we could be saved.  Would He really put these political knuckleheads in charge?

Books that explain things way better than I ever could:    The Creature From Jekyll Island
                                                                                      Confessions of an Economic Hitman
                                                                                       the Bible

I hope this first posting hasn't put you off reading blogs entirely. Writing does not come easily to all as is seen from that which is above.  But I will strive to keep it coherent and concise!

 I want to thank my mentor, Watson, for shepherding me through this process.  Edit as needed, please.

1 comment: